Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^2: Is there a script or any package to extract valuable data from Firefly output file??

Siddheshwar Chopra
sidhusai@gmail.com

Dear Sir,
I could not get the download links for both the "datagam" and "awk". I checked the Firefly downloads page too, but couldn't find them. Any help would be welcome.

Regards,

On Sun Mar 23 '14 0:51am, Pavlo Solntsev wrote
----------------------------------------------
>What information do you want to extract?

>In most cases, grep command works just fine (read "man grep"). There are also plenty of additional tools such as awk. If you need to extract blocks from the PUNCH file ($VEC, $HESS) you can check "datagam" program (see "Related page from this site").
>
>
>
>
>On Sat Mar 22 '14 9:37am, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
>--------------------------------------------------
>>Dear All,
>>Please pardon me for asking this question. From the time I have started learning Firefly, I have always been on the lookout of a script or a package which would straightaway extract all the valuable data from single or a large number of firefly output files and save it as a excel file. And may be it could plot the graphs needed too.
>>It becomes really difficult and confusing to extract all the data needed, especially if we have a large number of samples. I have used software like Mask to do little bit of such work, but I found it buggy. Is there any script available which we (non-programmers) could easily manipulate according to our needs?
>>Any suggestions would be welcomed.
>>If there is one available, then I would be glad to contribute to its development in the best of my capability.

>>Regards,

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Mar 24 '14 7:38am
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 812 times