Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re: Is there a script or any package to extract valuable data from Firefly output file??

Pavlo Solntsev
pavlo.solntsev@gmail.com

What information do you want to extract?

In most cases, grep command works just fine (read "man grep"). There are also plenty of additional tools such as awk. If you need to extract blocks from the PUNCH file ($VEC, $HESS) you can check "datagam" program (see "Related page from this site").

On Sat Mar 22 '14 9:37am, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
--------------------------------------------------
>Dear All,
>Please pardon me for asking this question. From the time I have started learning Firefly, I have always been on the lookout of a script or a package which would straightaway extract all the valuable data from single or a large number of firefly output files and save it as a excel file. And may be it could plot the graphs needed too.
>It becomes really difficult and confusing to extract all the data needed, especially if we have a large number of samples. I have used software like Mask to do little bit of such work, but I found it buggy. Is there any script available which we (non-programmers) could easily manipulate according to our needs?
>Any suggestions would be welcomed.
>If there is one available, then I would be glad to contribute to its development in the best of my capability.

>Regards,

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Sun Mar 23 '14 0:51am
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 907 times