Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^3: Intel MPI Library Runtime for Linux to run firefly

Veinardi Suendo
vsuendo@chem.itb.ac.id

Dear All,

This is the link that explain how to obtain the old version/32 bit version libraries from Intel:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product

Actually, it is simply by registering the new version of free library and then ask for the older version in the menu explained above.

Best regards,

Veinardi

On Sat Oct 22 '16 9:19pm, Veinardi Suendo wrote
-----------------------------------------------
>Dear Thom,

>I got a nice information concerning the old free runtime library from Intel website, actually they still have a repository there. I have just got the exact version as you suggested.

>I wish this will help our colleagues who need some legacy 32 bit Intel libraries.

>Best regards,

>Veinardi

>On Sun Oct 2 '16 9:37pm, Thomas Pijper wrote
>--------------------------------------------
>>Dear Veinardi,

>>Yes, this will work. However, you must use a 32-bit version of Intel MPI. Unfortunately, Intel has removed 32-bit support as of version 5.0 of their MPI implementation. The last version that supports 32-bit is Intel MPI version 4.1 Update 3.

>>A note for Windows users: free Intel MPI runtimes are also available for Windows. Also here, version 4.1 Update 3 is the latest version that can be used with Firefly.
>>
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>Thom
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>On Fri Sep 30 '16 8:06pm, Veinardi Suendo wrote
>>-----------------------------------------------
>>>Dear All,

>>>I am just curious that Intel has released a free MPI Library Runtime for Linux (https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mpi-library). Is it enough to run firefly code completely (i.e. Firefly version 8.2.0 download links, Linux/Intel MPI, dynamically linked version) or is it necessary to purchase the complete version. I am just wondering because to run firefly we do not need to compile anything but the mpi library.

>>>Thank you very much in advance,

>>>Best regards,

>>>Veinardi

[ This message was edited on Mon Oct 24 '16 at 8:40pm by the author ]

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Oct 24 '16 8:40pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 424 times