Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^2: Is it possible to get UV-VISIBLE AND RAMAN SPECTRUM USING FIREFLY???

Siddheshwar Chopra
sidhusai@gmail.com

Dear Thomas,
I must admit you have  been a great support for me. Thank you again for  the help. I have  the hessian with me... will try out the TDHF etc. And will let  you know in case I get stuck up..
Thomas just one  more question... can I find the magnetic moment too?? O guess using ROHF I can.. If yes, then how to get the magnetic moment using ROHF??

Regards,

On Mon Apr 22 '13 2:55pm, Thomas wrote
--------------------------------------
>Dear Siddheshwar,

>Yes, there is. RAMAN spectra can be obtained with RUNTYP=RAMAN, though you will need to do a few calculations prior to this:

>- First, you need to do a geometry optimization.
>- Secondly, you need to do a Hessian calculation on the optimized geometry (RUNTYP=HESSIAN). Note that it is possible to do this in the same run as the geometry optimization by specifying $STATPT HSSEND=.T. $END
>- Finally, you can run a RUNTYP=RAMAN job. You should specify $FORCE RDHESS=.T. $END and provide the complete $HESS group, that you obtained in the previous step, in your input.

>As for UV/vis spectra, these can be calculated with TDHF, TDDFT, CIS, and (X)MCQDPT2. The first three methods print out oscillator strengths. (X)MCQDPT2 on the other hand prints out transition dipole moments which you will have to convert to oscillator strengths yourself.
>
>
>Kind regards,
>Thom
>
>
>
>On Sun Apr 21 '13 9:56pm, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
>--------------------------------------------------
>>Dear sir,
>>Do we have an option in firefly8 tp get uv visible and raman spectrum??
>>Regards,

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Apr 22 '13 4:32pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 927 times