Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^4: Problem with Hessian and TDDFT calculations..

Siddheshwar Chopra
sidhusai@gmail.com

Dear Sir,
Your point taken perfectly. I will do as you directed. optol 10-8 and NCONV=8, what is the difference between these two?
Regarding TDDFT, I would be grateful if you could run the i/p file I sent you... I perhaps copied the wrong coordinates which resulted in the error. But when I added the correct coordinates, I ran the checkrun. It completed in seconds.. But again when I ran the same program properly, it completed in seconds.. And with NSTATE=100 and more. I dont know how it happened and the o/p file does't open with Gaussum. It gives some cclib parsing error. There is no calculation done at all and the o/p says...Program terminated normally. Please help. I cannot figure it out.

Regards,

On Tue Mar 4 '14 11:41am, Thomas Pijper wrote
---------------------------------------------
>Dear Siddheshwar,

>A few comments:

>$SCF NCONV=8 is very tight, I'd say that the default NCONV=5 would be sufficient in your case.

>$TDDFT NSTATE=100 is a lot of states. I expect that 30 to 40 states is enough if you are trying to obtain a UV/vis spectrum. This should speed up your calculation significantly.

>$CONTRL INTTYP=HONDO ICUT=11 ITOL=30 should not be necessary (unless you are calculating a numerical gradient). Same goes for $DFT LMAX=41 NRAD=99. This will help in speeding up your calculation.

>$BASIS GBASIS=N31 NGAUSS=6 is a very light basis set. I would at least try to add NDFUNC=1 (resulting in the 6-31G(d) basis).
>
>
>Kind regards,
>Thom
>
>
>
>On Tue Mar 4 '14 10:07am, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
>--------------------------------------------------
>>Dear Sir,
>>Thank you for pointing out this silly mistake of mine. I will note this down now. As for the TDDFT calculations please find attached the i/p file. I have used the lowest energy state coordinates for the same. Please have a look at it.

>>Regards,

>>On Mon Mar 3 '14 5:51pm, Thomas Pijper wrote
>>--------------------------------------------
>>>Dear Siddheshwar,

>>>> I ran HEssian calculations on my sample first. I
>>>> got NO imaginary frequencies. But I could not find
>>>> "Equilibrium geometry located" text anywhere.

>>>This is because you specified RUNTYP=HESSIAN. This performs a Hessian calculation. The message "Equilibrium geometry located" appears only with a completed geometry optimization (RUNTYP=OPTIMIZE or SADPOINT). Your geometry does correspond to a minimum on the PES.
>>>
>>>
>>>> I run TDDFT calcs. But in that I am getting this error now:
>>>>
>>>> * ... LESS THAN �3.000
>>>>
>>>> **** THERE ARE ATOMS LESS THAN � 0.100 APART, QUITTING... ****
>>>
>>>
>>>Most likely you made an error in the $DATA group of the TDDFT calculation input. It could for example be that you specified a point group other than C1, but specified coordinates corresponding to the C1 geometry, thus causing some atoms to be specified twice. If you would like me to take a closer look at the problem, feel free to post the input file for your TDDFT calculation.
>>>
>>>
>>>Kind regards,
>>>Thom
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>On Mon Mar 3 '14 11:21am, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
>>>--------------------------------------------------
>>>>Dear Sir,
>>>>I ran HEssian calculations on my sample first. I got NO imaginary frequencies. But I could not find "Equilibrium geometry located" text anywhere. Now thinking that it is a global minimum, I run TDDFT calcs. But in that I am getting this error now:

>>>> �* ... LESS THAN �3.000

>>>> **** THERE ARE ATOMS LESS THAN � 0.100 APART, QUITTING... ****

>>>>What is wrong here? What should I do next to rectify this. If the sample was not in global minima, then how come there were no imaginary freqs?

>>>>Regards,

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Tue Mar 4 '14 12:48pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 673 times