Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re: not enough memory

Pedro Silva
pedros@ufp.edu.pt

That extra memory is requested at the DLC-generation step. Your problem arises from the presence of Cs atom: I managed to find an earlier discussion of that problem:

http://classic.chem.msu.su/cgi-bin/ceilidh.exe/gran/gamess/forum/?C34df668afbHW-7403-910+00.htm

I managed to decrease the number of coordinates generated by deleting  angles using

$zmat auto=.t. dlc=.t.
delang=60
deltor=60
nonvdw(1)=61,6,
frattl=1e-12

dlctol=1e-7 orttol=1e-8

$end

This deck eliminated all torsions and more than 60% angles, and no additional  memory was requested when generating DLC. I just don't know if the geometry optimization will be efficient .

Pedro S.

On Mon Jul 13 '15 1:37pm, David G. wrote
----------------------------------------
>Dear Firefly users

>In a fullerene like structure the optimization process started successfully and passed several steps till
>reached the current input file as you can see as attachment. When I tried to restart the job, Firefly requested more memory than former may be since the central atom is now closer to the fullerene and it is a new system. But this memory requirement is too much than I had expected so I was trying to turn off the direct scf and so on and all my efforts were not successful. I am thinking to use hard disk instead of memory but couldn't find any instruction in the manual. Would you please let me know whether there is a way to reduce the memory requirement of my job.

>Many Thanks, David

>ps
>attached please find the input and output files.

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Jul 13 '15 6:57pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 688 times