Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly

Please Help me understand why GPU utilization is ZERO

Alain Igban
apigban@mymail.mapua.edu.ph

I have used Speedfan, GPU-Z, and MSI Afterburner to monitor my gpu utilization and temperature while ca calculation is running.

I was surprised to see that:

1. MSI Afterburner and GPU-Z reports 0% use of the GPU (GTX550 Ti), while
2. Speedfan reports a high temperature which is indicative of GPU utilization.

My question is: How do I make use of the GPU, because I see the following in my output file

Loaded CUDA/Firefly interface version 0x00010004

Dev #    Name          DP capable  Async  Timeout  Emulated  Useable
 0   GeForce GTX 550       Yes      Yes       No       No      Yes

And my input file looks like this (gathered from the output file):

ECHO OF THE FIRST FEW INPUT CARDS -
INPUT CARD>!straight Chain prelim with bonds              
INPUT CARD> $BASIS GBASIS=N31 NGAUSS=6 NDFUNC=1 $END                                      
INPUT CARD> $CONTRL SCFTYP=UHF RUNTYP=OPTIMIZE NOSYM=1 MULT=2 $END                        
INPUT CARD> $STATPT OPTTOL=0.0005 NSTEP=250 $END                                          
INPUT CARD> $SCF dirscf=.t. diis=.t. damp=.t. $END                                        
INPUT CARD> $system mwords=190 timlim=9999999 $end                                        
INPUT CARD> $smp csmtx=1 cuda=.t. tpool=64 $end                                            
INPUT CARD> $cuda cuflgs=1 events=1 nocpu=1 $end                                          
INPUT CARD> $cuda cumask=1 cuaff=5  $end                                                  
INPUT CARD> $intgrl qfmm=.t. $end                                                          
INPUT CARD> $system mklnp=2 np=1 $end  

Please help me Firefly community. I am an undergraduate student and still have lots to learn on Gamess.

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Jul 18 '11 6:52pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 1090 times