Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^2: optimization of separate molecules connecting to each other

Masoud Nahali
masoudnahali@gmail.com

Dear Sanya

Thanks for your reply. The proposed steps seems reasonable except the last part which is the main issue.
To construct the whole we must start from a point which in the case was the experimental result. Otherwise it is impossible to do global optimization. I think that I should apply some constraints to overcome the issue like forcing some chemical and van der waals bonds and angles to change only in a specific range defined by us. May be in such way we would encounter less difficulty to get convergence and find a local minimum with lower price. Is such capability available in FF or we may change the Fortran code to do that. Thanks again for your comment. Best Wishes, m

----------------------------------------
Masoud Nahali
SUT
masoud.nahali@gmail.com
alum.sharif.edu/~m_nahali    

On Sun Oct 28 '12 11:46pm, sanya wrote
--------------------------------------
>Dear Masoud,

>I'd recommend you to localize the problem. First, try to converge single-point SCF for the parts of your system: each ketone with its respective counter-ion and the rhenium-containing part. Each fragment is supposed to be neutral and closed-shell. You may also optimize the geometry of each fragment and construct the whole system from the optimized fragments.

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Mon Oct 29 '12 9:48pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 770 times