Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

MCSCF for a large system.

alex
yakovenko.alexander@gmail.com

Dear QChemists,
Would you please share some ideas of treating of protein-substrate complex with mcscf method? I have some problems with setting up of active space, maybe you can advise something:
1. Is it possible to print transposed (and even better then sorted) matrix of eigenvectors as well? It’s not a problem to find interesting molecular orbitals if the system consists of the only few but the selection is just overwhelming if there are thousands orbitals. My life would be much easier if firefly highlight the several orbital to consider for the active space instead of all that mess.
2. How to suggest amount of states (NSTATE) and their weights (WSTATE) from knowledge about the chemical reaction? How it is related to the active space?
3. How to carry out geometry optimization for mcscf? As I understand the orbitals will change at each step of the search. But I can reorder/select them only at the initial configuration… How the correct active space is determined/maintained during geometry search?
4. My system is oxidase, i.e. triplet. But if I am trying to set MULT=3 and NAOS=2 NBOS=0 it complains “NAOS.NE.NBOS IN DRT INPUT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.” How to model the triplet then and why there is no sense?

Thanks,
Alex

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Wed Sep 10 '14 3:19am
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 810 times