Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^2: How to check for acceptance of Kasha's rule from TDDFT data...?

Pavlo Solntsev
pavlo.solntsev@gmail.com

Kasha's rule doesn't always work. For example, if you have redox active group near chromophore.

Try to figure out absorbtion--emission situation for a porphyrin.

-Pavlo.

On Wed Sep 24 '14 9:11pm, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
--------------------------------------------------
>Dear users,
>Somebody please help me in understanding this concept. I need to know that by setting istate =1 in emission spectra calculation, I am actually setting or calculating the de-excitation from the S1 state. Am I correct? If yes, then the TDDFT o/p gives me a set of transitions possible for every excited state (set by variable nstate).What are these nstates now? Do they hold any significance in S1-->S0 transition? Do we mean that these are the vibrational levels of S0 level? Please explain this in the light of kasha's rule.
>I am worried because I am unable to point out the emission wavelength. Please help me Alex Sir and Pavlo Sir. Please help me in analysing the emission calculations.

>Kind Regards,
>
>
>n Tue Sep 23 '14 12:21pm, Siddheshwar Chopra wrote
>---------------------------------------------------
>>Dear Users,
>>Please have a look at the attached file which contains a table describing the contributions/transitions from first four states only for both the absorption and emission calculations. For absorption, I understand that the final state can be any of the excited states which has highest osc. strength. Am I right? But my doubt is regarding kasha's rule... If you see the emission data, the first excited state has a very low oscillator strength of 0.004 (HOMO-->LUMO(97‰ at 2678.9 nm. However the higher states have a better contribution than this state. So please tell me how to analyse this properly. To my knowledge emission wavelength is around 600-730nm.
>>I would be grateful for any help.

>>Kind Regards,

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Thu Sep 25 '14 1:42am
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 537 times