Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly

Re^3: Under OS Server 2008 the out-file remains unchanged until the end of the calculation

Alex Granovsky
gran@classic.chem.msu.su

Dear Vyacheslav,

I routinely work under Win2008 Server R1.
Normally, I use internal viewer of Far manager.
Does your post mean that pressing F3 in Far and
then Ctrl-PgDn or Ctrl-End does not work for you?

Kind regards,
Alex Granovsky

On Mon Feb 28 '11 12:12pm, Vyacheslav wrote
-------------------------------------------
>Dear Masoud,
>thank you very much for your response. I tested your recommendation under WinServer 2008:
>1) F5 key doesn't work;
>2) PFE32 and other text editors open both out and punch files of course. However I am waiting about 3-8-… minutes when file will be opened because of all cores are busy in calculation;
>3) I've tried to use the option "Tail.exe" of Drag & Drop of Garoufalis previously, it works but sometimes after its using my run stops (in WinXP this option work well).

>My problem is that sometimes my run cycles and do nothing although all cores works, works, works (under 100% load)…  In results after weekly work or more I have nothing. And my face acquire a sad expression… :)

>Probably need to use the second of above mentioned variants...

>     Vyacheslav

>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>On Fri Feb 25 '11 10:25pm, Masoud Nahali wrote
>----------------------------------------------
>>Dear Vyacheslav

>>I have not any Win Server here to check it, anyhow please examine the below suggestions :

>>1. Use the "F5" key to update the folder which your output file is there.
>>2. Use PFE32.exe to read the output files instead of notepad and wordpad. PFE32 is very effective reader especially for large output files.
>>3. Use Drag & Drop of Dr. C. S. Garoufalis which has a "Tail.exe" to read the output files during the calculation.
>>
>>
>> Best Wishes

>> Masoud
>>--------------
>>Masoud Nahali, Sharif University of Technology
>

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Tue Mar 1 '11 3:01pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 762 times