Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly

Re: Gamess-US external basis set into FF format

Vyacheslav
kreme_vg@chemy.kolasc.net.ru

Hi,
I use the same format as you and had no any anomalies till now.
Best regards,
          Vyacheslav

On Wed May 26 '10 2:48pm, Gordon wrote
--------------------------------------
>Hello forum followers,

>I have downloaded the 6-311++G(3df,3pd) basis set from the EMSL basis set exchange (https://bse.pnl.gov/bse/portal), using the GAMESS-US format, since there is no option for FF format.  Looking inside the downloaded file, which I have named full.lib, I notice differences between the GAMESS-US format and the FF format through comparison of the contents with the cc-pVTZ.lib file, available from the FireFly downloads section.

>By inspection, I merely removed $DATA  ...   $END from my full.lib and renamed the element to its abbreviated form, followed by 3 spaces and the word full (i.e. HYDROGEN becomes H   full, LITHIUM becomes Li   full etc).

>I am actually using this edited form of full.lib on a run now, but I am not sure that the successful start of a run is proof that I edited the file correctly, and that FF is using the edited full.lib correctly.  I have attached here cc-pVTZ.lib (from FF download page), the un-edited full.lib (containg 6-311++G(3df,3pd) basis set) and the edited full.lib file which I am currently using.

>If anyone could confirm I have done this correctly I would be grateful.

>Cheers,
>Gordon

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Thu May 27 '10 2:58pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 1032 times