Firefly and PC GAMESS-related discussion club

Learn how to ask questions correctly  

We are NATO-free zone

Re^2: Intel MPI Library Runtime for Linux to run firefly

Veinardi Suendo
vsuendo@chem.itb.ac.id

Dear Thom,

Thank you very much for your advice and suggestion. Finally, after try and error we succeeded to upgrade our system to CentOS 7.1.1503 with Intel MPI 4.1.0 to work on i7 6700K. In the beginning, we had problems due to the lack of 32 bit libraries on CentOS 7, however after installing compatible glibc, nss-softokn-freebl and libgcc libraries we could eliminated all errors.

Honestly, now I am wandering what distro of linux will be the most suitable computing environment for Firefly in the future that can manage to extract all advantages of new processor. The availability of 32 bit libraries may become a limitation. Hopefully, I could upgrade my system every 5 years due to the budget limitation. I believe Alex can give us the best suggestion.

Best regards,

Veinardi

On Sun Oct 2 '16 9:37pm, Thomas Pijper wrote
--------------------------------------------
>Dear Veinardi,

>Yes, this will work. However, you must use a 32-bit version of Intel MPI. Unfortunately, Intel has removed 32-bit support as of version 5.0 of their MPI implementation. The last version that supports 32-bit is Intel MPI version 4.1 Update 3.

>A note for Windows users: free Intel MPI runtimes are also available for Windows. Also here, version 4.1 Update 3 is the latest version that can be used with Firefly.
>
>
>Kind regards,
>Thom
>
>
>
>
>
>On Fri Sep 30 '16 8:06pm, Veinardi Suendo wrote
>-----------------------------------------------
>>Dear All,

>>I am just curious that Intel has released a free MPI Library Runtime for Linux (https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-mpi-library). Is it enough to run firefly code completely (i.e. Firefly version 8.2.0 download links, Linux/Intel MPI, dynamically linked version) or is it necessary to purchase the complete version. I am just wondering because to run firefly we do not need to compile anything but the mpi library.

>>Thank you very much in advance,

>>Best regards,

>>Veinardi

[ Previous ] [ Next ] [ Index ]           Sat Oct 8 '16 7:56pm
[ Reply ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ]           This message read 460 times